Click here or call
+1 800 315 6044
TWO DAY ISRAEL DESERT JEEP TOUR
Two days of Adventure by Jeep to Explore the Negev Desert of Israel
This once-in-a-lifetime adventure will enable you to experience "a little bit of everything", while giving you a larger appreciation for Israel, its fascinating history, and its incredible natural beauty.
Day 1. Sunday
Departure from Tel Aviv. Continue to Jerusalem and Dead Sea for possible pickups. The tour begins with the following route: Nahal Hemar (a stream featuring a cave with archeological finds from Neolithic times), Nahal Sdom (a stream), Mt. Sodom observation point (including the biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah). Stop for rest and refreshments.
Continue to the following sites: Ein Yerakam (a desert spring, camel trail from the Nabatean era), Makhtesh Katan (the Small Crater – unique geological erosional landform), Makhtesh Gadol (the Large Crater, including the multicolored sands and petrified trees). Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh Country Lodging (or similar) – dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2. Monday
After breakfast, we will begin the day with a tour of Ovdat – an ancient Nabataean city on the ancient incense route, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue to the observation point at the Ramon Crater and visits to the following sites: Nahal Ramon (one of two streams that drain the spectacular Makhtesh Ramon), Mt. Gvanim (fossils) and Nahal Gvanim (a stream), Ein Saharonim (a tiny spring found in the Ramon Crater, with lush vegetation and wildlife) + the Saharonim fort, Nahal Ardon (a stream with rare volcanic intrusions known as dikes). Hospitality and light lunch at a Bedouin tent.
Visit to Ben Gurion's memorial (the graves of David Ben Gurion, Israel’s first prime minister, and his wife Paula, with breathtaking views of the Tzin Canyon and Ovdat Highland). Short walk to Ein Akev desert spring and waterfall (option for swimming). Return to Central Israel.
Ben Gurion's memorial
11 – 12 October 2016 : Yom Kippur - Not possible for touring
- 2 day guided tour in the desert in 4x4 jeep (max 7 passenger per jeep)
- 1 night's accommodation including dinner and breakfast
- 1 lunch in a Bedouin tent on 2nd day.
- Tips to guide, driver, etc
- Traveler's medical & baggage insurance
- Beverages with meals
- Supplement for private transfers
- Anything not mentioned in the "rate includes" section
- Guaranteed departure for a minimum of 2 participants, and minimum 10 days advance booking.
- High season supplement US $46 per person.
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and all Dead Sea hotels.
- Pick-up and drop-off will be from/to the same hotel. Drop-off at a different location is available at an extra fee.
- Available for children aged 12 and over. Families with children below the age of 12 have the option to book a private tour.
- Due to limited space in the jeeps, one overnight bag is permitted per person. Other luggage can be stored in the hotel's luggage storage room.
- Please bring the following: bathing suit, sunscreen, hat, comfortable walking shoes, and warm clothing (also in the summer, for cool desert nights).
- Jeep desert tours include driving on off-road tracks and through bumpy terrain. They are therefore not recommended for pregnant women, and for people with back and/or neck problems.
- The tour is guided in English only.
- The tour departs every Sunday with transfer to the hotel from the airport.
- Available extensions to Jordan and Egypt- contact us for more information.
- For reservation and additional information, please feel free to contact us.
- If arriving before/after the tour date, we can book additional hotel nights.
- A 3rd adult sharing a double room receives a 5% discount.
- We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express
- Rates are in USD $
- The program can be extended and tailor-made for groups or private tours.
- Noah Tours may be operating this tour together with other tour operators and agents.
- Rates are for regular season and do not include Christian and Jewish Holiday
- Check-in / check-out policy at hotels in Israel is as follows: Check in not earlier than 3:00 PM or 2 hours after sunset on Saturdays or holidays. Check out time is not later than 11:00 AM. Early check-in policy at hotels is as follows: additional charge of 50% of nightly rate.
- For further details please see our Terms and Conditions.
One of the Team members will be contacting you within the next 24 hours.
Noah Tours Sales Team Wrong security code. Message was not sent.